Managers wishing to become signatories to the Standards are advised to follow the step-by step explanation given below.
NOTE: The forms in the section below were updated in March 2013. To see the changes, please click Application and Conformity Statement
How to become a signatory:
- Complete and submit the Application Form (Word) and the Information Form by post. The HFSB will countersign them upon approval, returning one copy to you.
- Start your due diligence. The Hedge Fund Standards are available here in Excel to facilitate the process. Most applicants achieve conformity with the Standards within 2-6 months.
- Upon achieving conformity, send the original Conformity Statement to the HFSB by post. The template is available here in Word.
- As part of the comply or explain approach, you need to make available to your investors a Disclosure Statement. If you comply with all, then you should state so in your Disclosure Statement. If you comply with all but choose not to comply with some, then you need to explain this in your Disclosure Statement. Your are free to use your own template. If you do not have one, please contact the HFSB. A copy of the Disclosure Statement should also be sent to the HFSB.
- Upon receiving the Conformity and Disclosure Statements, the HFSB will issue a kitemark to you valid for 12 months. You become a full-fledged Signatory to the Hedge Fund Standards. Conformity with the Standards should be renewed annually.
Please download the signatory process diagram here
For additional information about the HFSB, please click